1st: $150 2nd: $100 3rd: $75
Organizer reserves the right to merge and combine events with fewer than 3 entries; or to alternatively reduce prize money by half for events with fewer than 3 entries
Top Student Awards:
Top Newcomer, Top Bronze, Top Silver & Top Gold & Above Students will be awarded during the evening session.
Awards will be based on entry count and results (see point table at right)
Top Teachers Pot of Gold:
We appreciate your support by giving back to our Professional Teachers!
# of Entries Teacher's Pot of Gold
176 or more $10.00/entry
Entry count is per entry (single, multi or scholarship each count as a single entry
Pot of Gold is based on the total entries (all entries are paid at the highest $ amount achieved)
Single Dance entry: 1 point
Single Dance results:
1st: 8 points
2nd: 7 points
3rd: 6 points
4th: 5 points
5th: 4 points
6th: 3 points
7th: 2 points
8th: 1 point
Multi-Dance entry: 5 points
1st: 20 points
3rd: 14 points
4th: 11 points
5th: 8 points
6th: 5 points
7th: 3 points
8th: 1 points
Uncontested entries receive full points; proficiency entries receive half points.
1. A Teacher may only dance with one student in an age/style/level combination.
2. Students may compete in up to 5 consecutive closed levels and 3 consecutive open levels; however, all scholarship entries must be at the level of the highest level entered in single dances.
3. Students may dance in their own age category and up to 2 lower ages (adults); or in their own age category and one higher age (youth)
4. All entries must be paid for before they are danced; unpaid entries will not count toward top teacher, top student or top studio awards
5. Cancellations accepted within 10 days of the event will be awarded credit toward 2022 NCO at the organizer's discretion; no cash refunds will be made on such cancellations.
1. Each scholarship entries must be accompanied by 5 single dance entries in the same style and level (4 for Smooth). These entries must be paid for and danced in order to qualify for the scholarship.
2. Scholarships must be entered in the same level as the highest level of single dances in that style.
3. Students may enter multiple scholarships in the same style, in the same or higher levels than their single dances, provided that each entry is accompanied by 5 single dance entries (4 for each Smooth scholarship).
4. Scholarships and Multi-Dances with fewer than 3 entries may be merged or combined with similar events at the organizer's discretion.
5. Scholarships with fewer than 3 entries may receive half of advertised prize money.
1. Cancellations accepted within 10 days of the event will be awarded credit toward 2023 NCO at the organizer's discretion; no cash refunds will be made on such cancellations.
2. Invoices are due and payable at the time of entry; no unpaid entries will be danced.
3. The NCOpen is an NDCA sanctioned event; all participants must be currently registered with the NDCA and must agree to abide by NDCA rules governing this event.